Renting a Unit
What do I need to rent a unit?
- Valid government-issued photo ID
- First month’s rent payment (cash, e-check, or Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit/debit cards)
- A lock for the unit (see the Locks section below)
- Check with your insurance provider about coverage for “temporary storage”
- Reserve your unit in advance or by speaking to a Storage Counselor at 407.870.1990
- Our Automatic Rental Center is available for new rentals from 6:30AM-9PM every day
- Rent payment is due on the monthly anniversary of your contract date (if you rent on August 1st, your next rent payment is due on September 1st)
- Due to reductions in delivery service by the USPS, we highly recommend the use of electronic payment options. Using our Automatic Rental Center, , or calling our customer service center at 407.870.1990 will instantly credit your payment to your account and provide you with a payment receipt or transaction number.
- Payment can be made cash, check, money order, or Visa, MasterCard, or Discover credit/debit cards
- We recommend using a disc padlock or similar lock with protected shackle
- We offer a variety of disc padlock models at competitive prices
- Clay Street Storage will not retain keys to customer locks
- Insurance of the contents of the storage unit is the tenant’s responsibility
- Check with your existing homeowner’s or renter’s insurance carrier to determine if your items are covered while in “temporary storage,” or if a rider can be added to your policy.
© Clay Street Storage LLC 2024